Our ultra-stylish Genlux Style and Fashion Director Chriselle Lim gives us her picks for Spring 2015!
Publisher and Beauty Expert Cecilia Moreno makes her Top 5 beauty picks for Spring! Great new products from Gucci, Chaz Dean, Sircuit Cosmeceuticals, Two Faced, and La Mer.
Genlux presents our 2014 Top 10 Women's Diamond Watches
1. Breguet Crazy Flower, $710,000, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, 310-860-9911
2. Tortue secrète de Cartier, Cartier, Beverly Hills, 310-275-4272, cartier.com
3. Vacheron Constantin Malte Lady, Vacheron Constantin, Rodeo Dr, Beverly Hills, 310-598-2026
4. Piaget Couture Précieuse, $57,000, Piaget boutique, South Coast Plaza, 714-361-2020, piaget.com
5. Breguet Petite Fleur $211,900, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, 310-860-9911
6. Breguet Secret de la Reine, $92,200, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, 310-860-9911
7. Glashutte Pavonina, Tourbillon boutique, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, 310-860-9990
8. Breguet Desir de la Reine $142,300, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, 310-860-9911
9. Longines La Grande Classique de Longines, 100 Diamonds watch, longines.com
10. Rolex Datejust Special Edition, Oyster, Everose gold and diamonds, Gearys, 310-273-4741
I’m in Los Angeles for a few weeks looking for a new home. The property market is crazy—a house goes in a week, and whether you have two million dollars to spend, or thirty, there is very little available. So instead, I’ve decided to try every hotel in town…it’s so much fun! Right now, I am happily cuddled up in a quirky cottage at Chateau Marmont, where stars flow in and out, and women generally look like stunning rare flowers.
Every day is a photographic opportunity at the Chateau. I was sitting with girl-about-town and candle designer Tobi Tobin, when Sam Taylor-Johnson walked in. Not only did Sam direct Fifty Shades of Grey, you should see her visual art in London, where she’s celebrated as one of GB’s greatest talents. Uma Thurman was at the next table, looking stunning and a trifle modest.
During the Oscars, I stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel and had my makeup and hair beautifully done by Le Salon at the Sofitel hotel and wore Margot McKinney’s contemporary diamonds in many colours draped around my neck—they stole the show. I was thrilled when Alexandre Desplat, one of my favourite composers, won for his score for The Grand Budapest Hotel.
With tickets to Elton John’s, I got dressed up in Alexander McQueen’s gold and black jacket over a Hollywood dress by LA Mania, only to decide to eat cheese sandwiches in bed with my best friend.
This month at Genlux, we are celebrating Liz Hurley, one of my favourite personalities from England. I’m sure you remember the body-clinging black Versace dress with safety pins she wore to the premiere of Four Weddings and a Funeral.
With all that’s going on, I’m enjoying traveling around like a Gypset (Gypsy+jetset), my six cases crammed into my customized UKLA car.
Hope to see you around! —Amanda
david meister spring fashion picks, genlux magazine, david meister fashion